Executives Present on Big Data Management
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 20, 2012 – RainStor, a provider of Big Data management software, today announced its Fall lineup of speaking engagements and participation at various industry events including Computer World’s SNW Fall and the O’Reilly Strata Conference New York + Hadoop World. The impressive list of speaking sessions and event participation demonstrates RainStor’s continued commitment to solving Big Data challenges for the enterprise and driving innovative technology solutions.
Event Lineup At-A-Glance
Data Week, San Francisco, CA:
- “Enterprise Hadoop Lab/ Partnered with Hortonworks,” by Ramon Chen, RainStor VP of Product Management, will provide an introduction to Apache Hadoop and what role it should play in data architecture. The discussion will cover different components and common use cases to help attendees get started with their own Big Data projects.
- Ramon Chen will additionally offer a session titled “Your Big Data Just Got Smaller and More Affordable.” The talk will look at leveraging Hadoop MapReduce for analytics and accessing data via SQL without moving it out of Hadoop. Details will be provided on how the right form of data compression can dramatically reduce storage and nodes, while simultaneously boosting query performance – ultimately driving down deployment, integration and overall TCO.
- Data Week will be held in San Francisco, CA, from September 24 – 27, 2012. More information is available at: http://www.dataweek.co
ITEXPO West, Austin, TX:
- John Bantleman, CEO of RainStor, will participate on the panel “The Big Cost of Big Data.” The panel will address the telecom industry’s challenge of tracking and managing Big Data and leveraging it to understand behavior and needs in order to develop and monetize new service offerings. Market leaders are quickly realizing that they cannot afford to store and manage petabyte-scale raw detailed data over time, and that while Big Data may offer big business gains, hidden costs and complexity present barriers. The panel will consider the costs associated with Big Data, the technologies, and deployment options.
- ITEXPO West is located at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, TX, from October 2 – 5, 2012. More information is available at: http://itexpo.tmcnet.com/west12
Computer World’s SNW Fall, Santa Clara, CA
- “Making the Most of Hadoop with Optimized Data Compression,” a session by Mark Cusack, Chief Architect of RainStor, will provide a detailed look on how to leverage Hadoop and MapReduce while avoiding unforeseen costs. Attendees specifically will learn how to leverage both MapReduce for batch analytics while providing full SQL against native Hadoop data with no need to move or copy it out of Hadoop to a DW or RDBMS. The session will further cover how multi-structured data can be ingested at extreme rates, and how granular data compression actually reduces nodes, while simultaneously boosting query performance. The results include driving down deployment, integration and overall TCO.
- SNW Fall will be held at The Hyatt Regency Silicon Valley and the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, from October 16– 19, 2012. More information is available at: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=39872&
O’Reilly Strata Conference New York + Hadoop World, New York, NY
- RainStor sponsors Hadoop World located in booth #47
- O’Reilly Strata Conference New York + Hadoop World will be held at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Tours and the New York Hilton in New York, NY, from October 23 – 25, 2012. More information is available at: http://strataconf.com/stratany2012
RainStor provides Big Data management software. RainStor’s database enables the world’s largest companies to keep and access limitless amounts of data for as long as they want at the lowest cost. It features the highest level of compression on the market, together with high performance on-demand query and simplified management. RainStor runs natively on a variety of architectures and infrastructure including Hadoop. RainStor’s leading partners include Amdocs, Anritsu, AdaptiveMobile, Dell, HP, Informatica, Qosmos and Teradata.
RainStor is a privately held company with offices in San Francisco, USA and Gloucester, UK. For more information, visit www.rainstor.com. Join the conversation at www.twitter.com/rainstor.
Kulesa Faul for RainStor
831 251 3450